Summer 2020 - Student Work Placement Program
Ready to apply?
Before starting your application, ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the following ready:
- Planning to hire/hired a student on a placement with a start date during the Summer term (May 1 to August 31, 2020)
- Information about your organization
- Job details including job description, salary information, etc.
The initial application process should take 20-30 minutes to complete once started, and involves the following steps:
- Click 'APPLY' and create your account with SurveyMonkey Apply
- Review the Privacy Statement and confirm eligibility in the program
- Complete employer and placement information
- Review and submit your completed application
Once you have submitted your portion of the application (one separate application per placement), Magnet will review it and respond within 2-4 weeks.
If approved and as soon as you have hired the student, you will need to invite them to complete their part of the application through SurveyMonkey Apply.
Once your student submits their information and documents, Magnet will review them. Should your full application be approved, funding will be conditional on completing these steps:
- Signing and uploading the Magnet Terms and Conditions
- Completing a registration form for the payment
- Uploading the first and final pay stubs issued to your student
After these steps are completed, Magnet will proceed with the final review within 2-4 weeks.
In order to issue the cheque with your subsidy, we will need you to upload an invoice for the total amount subsidized.
On successful completion of these items, your subsidy will be processed within 45 days.
Funding is limited and administered on a first-come first-served basis wherein completed applications are prioritized in the order they are received.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org